Conversion Application

Immigration Procedure

For foreign students who want to study in Indonesia, we suggest them to apply Social Cultural Visit Visa /Visa Kunjungan Sosial Budaya (VKSB) issued by the Indonesian Embassy or consulates in their respective countries. VKSB is given only for two (2) months and may be extended up to six (6) months.

Conversion is the change in status from VKSB to KITAS and can only be arranged at the Immigration Office in Jakarta through regional Immigration Office.

To apply for KITAS, a Study Permit is required. To get a Study Permit, the students need to submit the following documents to Directorate of Higher Education through Office of International Affairs:

     Certificate / Recommendation from Universitas Galuh

     Photocopy of passport (all pages, including pages VKSB extension).

     Curriculum Vitae

     Letter of Statement (students will not work and not join any political activities while studying in Indonesia)

     Photographs 3×4 and 4×6 (4 pieces each, red background)

     Health Certificate

     Photocopy of ID Card

     Photocopy of Bank account last 3 months

     High School Diploma and transcript

     Conversion decree issued by the Central Immigration Office will be sent to the student for the purpose of KITAS application.